Sunday, 1 March 2015

In To The World Of Golf



Golf.........A Toddler Can Hit A Ball Further Than Me!


I'm not going to lie........ a toddler can hit a golf ball further than me! I do try though and as they say everyone loves a trier (unless your suck behind them on the course).

You don't have to be the worlds greatest to enjoy the sport ......... good job really!

The sport fascinates me. You hit this tiny little ball with a tiny surface area, it fly's off and then you chase after it!...... I mean..... how do they do it, how do the professionals hit it so far?

But it isn't just the skill that I love about golf, it's so much more than that.
It helps refine a person, teaches them a particular etiquette, manners and respect. It teaches about winning and loosing, to applauded your fellow player on a great shot (to give credit where credit is due). I love the concept of the removing of the cap before shaking hands.
You can play alone,...... or .... maybe be social and play with friends. It does depend though on how competitive you and your friends are, and how solid your friendships are!

My biggest draw to the sport is the therapy it offers. There is nothing quite so soothing as the silence of the course, with the occasional sound of chatter or ball strikes drifting on the wind.
to be alone in your own thoughts offering a zen quality.

I found it difficult to watch the Honda classic this week. Many of the top players struggled to make the cut, but it wasn't the score cards that made it hard to watch. As the problems and conditions of the course mounted many of the player where left looking dejected. It is on the worst of days that we must dig deeper to find positivity, create our own energy and smile.

I was left wondering ..........for those lucky few who can call golf their profession, does the pressure of the competition effect your love of the sport? When does it stop offering meditation?

No comments:

Post a Comment